I’ve spent the last week bitchin’ and moanin’ and cryin’. I think it’s high time I put on my big girl panties and take note of a few things for which I am grateful.
I am grateful for:
- Having a job that lets me work from my parent’s home. Even though I’m not working much now, I’ve spent the last several weeks at home thanks to a good employer. I have no doubt that if I hadn’t been able to work from home, my dad would have been moved to a hospice facility, which was against his and my wishes. I’ve worked for the devil before; a good employer goes a long ways.
- Being an integral role in my dad’s care. This gave me the opportunity for him to grab my hand every once and awhile, look at me and smile. It gave me the opportunity to tell him I love him, everyday, many times. It also gave me the opportunity to hear him tell me he loves me too.
- Having great friends.
- Partaking in good, long, ugly-face cries. (Deepest apologies to Darin Aldridge who will likely never know this blog exists, but thanks anyhow.)
- Finding this post on pinterest that shows a women walking down the aisle carrying bouquet with a small photo frame of her father. I can’t tell you what a comfort it is to find some tangible way that my daddy can walk down the aisle with me.
- My mother finally crying over Dad, and telling me she was sorry. I’m pretty sure that the sorry was not only for her frustration the last few days, but that this entire situation happened.
- Having the best family I could ask for.
- Being able to help my dad find my mother’s anniversary gift.
- Having a little glimmer of hope that one day I will feel a little better.